Saturday 5 December 2015

Sweet Potato, Leek & Prune Soup

This is a concoction I made some time ago, and then I remembered that I had not posted it yet! It was after being made aware that sometimes fruits can be a really lovely addition to curries and even soups that I thought I would try and come up with something good, and you know what? To my surprise this worked!

Sweet Potato, Leek & Prune Soup
(Serves 3-4)


1 tbsp oil
1 leek, chopped
1 sweet potato, diced
3 stalks celery, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
5 soft prunes, roughly chopped
1-2 tbsp vegetable stock powder (1-2 cubes)
1/2 tsp Marjoram
1 tbsp onion powder
enough water to cover

- Start by heating oil in a medium sized casserole, and a soften the leek for about five minutes. Then add the remaining ingredients!

- Make sure the stock covers the vegetables, cover and simmer until the potatoes are soft, for about 15 minutes.

- Simply whizz until smooth and add more water if you think it needs it. I like quite a thick soup, so I kept it that way, lovely and filling! Season to taste and serve with some fresh bread for mopping!

I was struck by pharyngitis the other day, and so my friend and I first tried to cure it with some home made Irish toddy (my friend Emma made the toddy, and I made my first nut roast ever! Both recipes will pop up in the near future, so stay tuned!)... It might not have helped much, but it was delicious!


The next day, I had to go to the doctor's and get some real medicine, and probably got 500% of my daily intake of vitamin C, not to talk about the honey and lemon-laden tea I was drinking throughout the day!


My voice, after having been gone for two days, is now back, and next week I will be returning to work as well... For the past couple of days I have just been taking it easy, which is just as well with the stormy weather we have had!

I hope you are having a lovely weekend, and that you're not struck by colds or sore throats! In the next few days, I will be having my old flat mate visiting, going to a local gig, and having some friends over for dinner - avoiding going out too much at any cost! Today I fit in a long walk though, because spending too much time indoors gives me cabin fever! T'was good with some fresh air, but now I am snuggled up with a book. Enjoy your evening! Any plans?


Recipe by yours truly,

- Jules

4 comments:

  1. Oi, for en spennende kombinasjon! Gøy når man er usikker på hvordan noe blir, også blir det knallgodt!
    Og adventssøndag søte!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ikke sant? Dette ble godt! Så lenge man ikke har for mye av en rar ting oppi, så går det som regel greit!
      Kan ikke fatte og begripe så fort disse siste månedene i 2015 har flydd! Gpd adventssøndag til deg også :) xx

      Delete
  2. Omg, seriously, this sounds incredible! Such a warming flavour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Katrina! As I previously mentioned, a surprisingly good combination! :D
      I hope you have a lovely weekend ahead :) xx

      Delete