Tuesday 12 May 2015

PB & J Smoothie

Katrina at Warm Vanilla Sugar posted this ingenius recipe for a peanut butter and jelly smoothie, and I knew I had to give it a go (...SO glad I did!), I skipped the "jelly" though, as I knew the berries would do the trick regardless.

I thought smoothies couldn't fill you up, but I was wrong, this is an energy bomb which is sure to see you through the morning or lunchtime. Or perhaps enjoy in the evening? S'up to you!

Because the banana and berries were frozen, this turned into almost a hybrid between a smoothie and sorbet, which I really didn't mind! So filling, ad you can always add a little bit extra milk if you want and share it with someone *smiles*

PB & J Smoothie
(Serves 1)


2 small bananas, chopped and frozen
1-2 handful frozen summer berries
2 tbsp peanut butter
1/2 cup yogurt (I used Alpro soy)
1 cup (almond) milk

- Swish swish in a processor or which a stick blender, and dig in with either a spoon or a thick straw, and enjoy! I love how the peanut butter actually cuts through the fruits and berries, and I hope you will too!


I am also happy to announce that yesterday, my friends and I got back to making Game of Thrones popcorn, this week - it was the Greyjoys, we concocted it using corn kernels, butter, honey, smoked seasalt and red wine vinegar. Surprisingly tasty combination, I must say!


Another result of watching Game of Thrones last night, was all of us ending up making creatures out of pipe cleaners - y'know, as one does after having spent a full shift pretending to be a grown up... *cough cough* Yes, I am 25 years of age... These things happen!

I made the orange one, and my friend Emma made the green and blue one!


And they just so happened to nestle up in the bowl of potpourri I had standing in the living room... Heh!


Original source:
http://warmvanillasugar.com/2015/04/30/pbj-smoothie/


- Jules

15 comments:

  1. Takk for hyggelig kommentar :D Pære og kokos er veldig mild, så anbefaler en goood dæsj lime :-) Din smoothie var jo veldig fantasifull da... men jeg har aldri forstått komboen peanøtt og syltetøy! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Det var da så lite :D
      Haha, ta det heeelt med ro, denne kombinasjonen var fruktig og god, og peanøttsmøret skjærer såvidt gjennom :)
      Skjønte ikke meg på det jeg heller når jeg var liten, haha! Men denne er verdt og prøve altså ^ ^
      Skal definitivt lage din smoothie også :D x

      Delete
  2. I have to make this! Along with the vanilla French toast. Don't forget about Sebastian ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure Sebastian the unicorn would approve of this, it's matching him - after all ;) I hope you get to try this out :) x

      Delete
    2. Come to think of it.... we are practically neighbours, I'll make it for us :D x

      Delete
  3. Wow that looks great!! So thick and creamy, I may have to try it myself... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you June! I didn't want to add more milk to it, cause it was so fluffy! :D x

      Delete
  4. Yay!! So glad you liked it. And yeah, the jelly is definitely not needed! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have any at hand, otherwise I would have added it, but extra berries made up for it :D Thank you so much again for the recipe Katrina! <3

      Delete
  5. Whaat?? This needs to happen in my life!!
    Also yay for the weekly popcorn update! That actually sounds like an amazing combination! Hope your week is going great so far :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cathleen! The week has been exhausting, but social times outside work has made up for it :) The popcorn was surprisingly tasty! Next time when adding vinegar though, we'll probably dry it in the oven a little :) But the combination worked!
      Hope you get to try out this smoothie, perfect for a chilled weekend :) xx

      Delete
  6. Mmm den ser skikkelig tykk og god ut ♡ smoothies er så godt, jeg har litt av- og på-perioder med de. Jeg tror jeg snart kommer i en på-periode igjen, nå som det er så deilig sommervær :)
    God helg til deg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm ja, jeg er akkurat sånn jeg også! Pleier ikke og "gidde" for det er liksom ikke et måltid... trodde jeg til jeg laget denne! Holdt meg mett og god lenge :) Energibombe! Håper du har en finfin aften :) x

      Delete
  7. Mmm! For en spennande smakskombinasjon :) Elsker smoothier med det lille ekstra ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tror denne hadde falt i smak hos deg Linda :) x

      Delete