Tuesday 10 December 2013

Herby Soda Baguette

For the wine and cheese evening I hosted last Sunday, I was serving soup. I knew we would be eating a lot of crackers and what have you throughout the evening, so I didn't think to get bread. Last minute, I felt kinda bad for only having soup, and so I decided I would make a savoury soda bread, as it is so quick, easy, moist and delicious - it fit the bill!

My friends really liked it, and within five minutes it was gone!

Herby Soda Baguette
(Makes 1, about 850 calories for the whole loaf)


100g plain flour
100g wholemeal flour
1/2 tsp salt
Pinch of sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
6 tbsp light natural Greek yogurt
Herbs for topping, I used dried chives and oregano

- Pre-heat the oven to 200ÂșC.

- In a small baking bowl, combine all the dry ingredients, before making a well in the middle and adding the yogurt.

- Mix well and then start kneading it once you've got a dough. Roll out to a baguette and place on a baking paper on top of an oven rack. Sprinkle over herbs or seeds of choice and press them down gently to make sure most of it sticks.

- Bake for about 15 minutes, and take out to cool for a few minutes before serving. It goes perfectly with any soup. I love how it almost has a sticky texture to it - delicious!

What is your favourite bread to make?


Recipe by yours truly

- Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment