Thursday 13 September 2012

Potato & Leek Soup

So, I have been meaning to cook up some potato and leek soup now for about a week, and finally the other day, I got around to make some!

I wanted to make it my own, so I added some ingredients I thought might go well with all the rest of or... go along with the few ingredients potato and leek soup requires anyway!

And here it is:

Potato & Leek Soup
(Serves 4, 315 calories)


1 tbsp oil
2 small leeks, chopped
5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
1 1/2 - 2 l vegetable stock
1 cube beef stock
2 tbsp tomato purée
1 tsp green pesto (optional, as it has quite a strong flavour)
1 tsp ground black pepper

- Heat oil in a large saucepan and tip in the leeks, fry until they have softened, and then add aaaaall the other ingredients.

- Cover and simmer for about 30-40 minutes, until the potato is tender, season to taste and serve with some crusty bread!


- Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment